Want to learn more about techniques, trends, and notions? You can get it all at your neighborhood group meetings, special interest group meetings, and chapter events. And once you’re a member, you can go to any ASG meeting in the nation!
Just fill out a membership application, available on ASG.org (the national organization processes membership requests and adds you to your local chapter). Process it instantly online, or send in the application. They will notify us of your membership, but you don’t need to wait to check out any of our neighborhood and special interest groups.
As a member of the Greater Seattle chapter, you can:
- Connect with other sewing enthusiasts in your area
- Get discounts from national and local retailers
- Receive our chapter newsletter Sew Crazy, and the national newsletter Notions
- Share in fun and learning at neighborhood group meetings and special education events
- Get fitting or construction help by consulting your fellow members
Other Benefits of Membership
What a great list of tangible benefits! But what about the more esoteric benefits of belonging to a group that shares your interests?
- Immediate and lasting friendships with people who appreciate the feel of fabric and the satisfaction of creative accomplishment.
- Constant sources of inspiration: patterns to try; techniques to learn; tools to improve your skills; shops and web sites to visit.
- Opportunity for lifelong learning on a topic you’re passionate about.
- Leadership and growth opportunities: demonstrate a technique to your sewing peers, lead a neighborhood group, or serve on the chapter advisory board.
- Admiration from others who appreciate your skills and accomplishments.
- Insider knowledge from a vast resource network of other sewists, renowned instructors, and innovative shop owners.