This is one of the four (4) chairmanships that are recommended for the second vice president if the chapter has one.
The responsibilities of the membership chair and committee include the following:
- Maintaining up-to-date membership records for the chapter utilizing the information downloaded from ASG national headquarters.
- Providing membership lists to neighborhood/special interest group leaders and CAB members as requested.
- Keeping the membership application and membership brochure current and available and overseeing its distribution throughout the area served by the chapter.
- Welcoming and involving new members in chapter activities.
- Contacting non-renewing members to determine withdrawal reasons.
- Possibly writing a membership column for the chapter newsletter.
- Developing plans and carry out projects to increase chapter membership, working with the approval and help of the rest of the CAB.
- May involve area retailers in membership drives.
- May use special chapter events to meet and interest non-members.
- May also represent the chapter at community events such as local fabric stores on a big sale day, a community yard sale, etc.
- May host a booth at sewing expos, local fairs highlighting community nonprofit groups, malls, etc., to introduce the chapter to non-members.
- Ensuring that any membership forms and checks received by CAB members are promptly forwarded to ASG national headquarters for processing.