This position is an optional appointed CAB position. The chapter president should give final approval for all publicity.
The responsibilities of the publicity chair and committee include the following:
- Developing and implementing a publicity program to obtain local media coverage for the chapter and its events and to make the chapter known within its geographic area.
- Developing an email list to submit media releases in a broadcast approach.
- Preparing contact list for publicity sources such as local newspapers, radio stations, television stations, etc., including publication deadlines, contact names, email addresses, and fax numbers.
- Writing press releases and other publicity materials that are attention grabbing and thoroughly cover the subject being publicized.
- Developing and producing posters, flyers, and other publicity materials for chapter events as required.