The retreat chair is responsible for facilitating retreats both single day and multi-day, which may include overnight accommodations.
The responsibilities of the community service chair and committee include the following:
- Source a location, within the parameters of the guild’s retreat budget.
- Present the contract to the CAB for their approval.
- Makes all arrangements with the facility for the retreat including meals if necessary.
- Coordinate with the necessary chairs to advertise the retreat.
- Work with the treasurer regarding member’s payment for the retreat.
- Act as liaison with the retreat facility to ensure retreat runs smoothly.
- Evaluate each retreat and present a report summarizing attendance, costs, and suggestions for future retreats.