Are you a sewist in the greater Seattle area? So are we! We’re members of the Greater Seattle chapter of the American Sewing Guild (ASG), which is a national non-profit organization for people who love to sew! ASG is open to all skill levels and areas of interest, whether your passion is garments, couture, quilts, home dec, or accessories.
We invite you to get to know us and learn how you can take part in a great organization devoted to the fun and transformative hobby of sewing. More importantly, we invite you to meet us in person!
Like many other organizations during this trying time, we have cancelled all upcoming meetings and events. We do have a Facebook group, where we are fostering communication and camaraderie. As a member of our group, you can post your makes and keep in touch. Neighborhood and Special Interest groups are meeting virtually on Zoom until further notice. Members are invited to webinar educational sewing events (check our calendar for event dates). We invite you to visit our new Community Service and Resources page, where we have posted directions for making masks, gowns, and other PPE, as well as other things during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- 3Seattle Wearable Arts Group (SWAG)9:30 am - 11:30 amDemonstrations and discussions of various sewing and embellishment techniques used in making creative clothing: hand-stitching, appliqué, dying and painting fabric, beading, etc. , ...
- 6Ronald McDonald Mending Group10:00 am - 2:00 pmOngoing mending program. Bring your sewing machine or serger and your enthusiasm! Sit and sew to help those in need. Bring a lunch or buy one next door. Group Leader: Louisa Jones Email: firstname.lastname@example.org , ...
- 7Bellevue Neighborhood Group7:00 pm - 9:00 pm, ...
- 11Fall 2-Day Retreat9:00 am - 12:00 amSeptember 11th: 9:00am to 8:00pm September 12th: 9:00am to 5:00pm , ...North Seattle Neighborhood Group10:00 am - 12:00 pm , ...
- 12Fall 2-Day Retreat12:00 am - 8:00 pmSeptember 11th: 9:00am to 8:00pm September 12th: 9:00am to 5:00pm , ...CAB Meeting4:00 pm - 5:30 pm
- 16Machine Embroidery Group6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- 18West Seattle Neighborhood Group10:00 am - 12:00 pm, ...
- 20Everett Neighborhood Group7:00 pm - 8:30 pm, ...
- 25Working Women’s Couture Group10:00 amChanel Jacket progress. , ...
- 28Day Seamers10:30 am - 12:30 pmOngoing clothing and fit. ALL skill levels are welcome! , ...