New Mending Group This Sunday 8/25

Home Forums Members Chat New Mending Group This Sunday 8/25

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Sophia Carpenter
      Participant

Hello all!

We are having our FIRST mending meetup this Sunday!

Date: Sunday August 25th

Time: 1pm – 3pm

Location: Summit Selvage: 1432 12th Avenue Studio BB, 1205 E Pike St, Seattle, WA 98122
      Entrance is on 12th Ave, south of E Pike Street

Transportation

According to Google maps, there are a few parking garages nearby, if street parking is not available:

It’s also a 10-15 minute walk from the Capitol hill light rail station, through a nice park.

Note: There are stairs into Summit Selvage. I don’t know if there is an alternate route that avoids stairs.

If you need any help finding the location, feel free to call or text me at (360)746-9192.Topic for the meetup: Folks are welcome to bring mending they’re working on – we can do a show and tell, and we can brainstorm topics for future meetings.

Thank you all for your patience! Feel free to forward this to anyone I missed.

– Sophia

bpgourmet@yahoo.com
      Participant

Hi. I’m not sure if this Chat thread is going to continue.  I hope there’s a way for those of us interested in the group can figure out a way to chat.

I volunteer each year at the Monroe State Fair and love the chance to see the Sewing, Knitting/Crochet/Lace, and Weaving/Spinning/Basketry exhibits (what people enter in for judging).  Also there are 4H exhibits too.  I’m adding a photo of a 4H entry where someone repurposed some jeans and a shirt into several items.  I’d like to add sewing a recycled garment to my list of items to make to enter into the Fair next year.

4H entry of repurposed sewing items at Monroe Fair

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.