Special Events Chair
The special events chair presents fun and educational opportunities that meet the needs of chapter members. The special events chair has responsibility for those events that are not regular chapter programs/meetings.
The responsibilities of the special events chair include the following:
- Developing preliminary plans for an event and recommending to the CAB for approval.
- Using the Program Production Budget Form on page C-xii first to plan the event and then to budget for the event once more details are known.
- Developing detailed plans for the event and developing a budget, including:
- Arranging for facility/locations.
- Securing speakers and making their travel and hotel arrangements.
- Making arrangements for other facilities, food, equipment, and personnel, as required.
- Working with the publicity chair to develop publicity for the event.
- Enlisting help from chapter members for the event, as required.
- Implement the plans for the event.
- If paying an individual (such as the speaker or a caterer) $600 or more, providing information needed by the treasurer to file Form 1099-MISC.
- Evaluating the success of each event and determining final costs, profits, attendance figures, and suggestions for improvements. Reporting this information at the next CAB meeting for the minutes and placing the information in the files for future reference.