Reply To: In a fabric store, having easy access to our patterns collection (print+digital)

Home Forums Members Chat In a fabric store, having easy access to our patterns collection (print+digital) Reply To: In a fabric store, having easy access to our patterns collection (print+digital)

I use Evernote to track my fabric. I either take a photo of the actual fabric or copy it from the website. I also include all pertinent info (e.g., yardage and fabric width, care instructions, contents, pattern ideas…). I tag the entry to denote color family, content, woven, knit, where I purchased it, yardage (e.g., 0-1 yds; 1+-2yds)… Anything I can think of that might help me in a search. It has saved me more than once from buying the almost identical fabric to something I already have.

I use One Note for my patterns. My patterns are divided by type (Knit Tops, Woven Tops, Pants, Skirts, etc.). Each page contains a photo of the pattern (front and back). I plan to switch over to Evernote but haven’t done it yet. The task seems daunting.

I started this before there were pattern/fabric specific apps for sewists. I’m not sure I want to go through all the work to transfer everything but might investigate some of the other options now available. They sound interesting.