Fall 2021 Threads magazine features Our Fabric Stash at Pike Place Market

Home Forums Members Chat Fall 2021 Threads magazine features Our Fabric Stash at Pike Place Market

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bpgourmet@yahoo.com
      Participant

The latest issues of Threads has an article on pages 84-85 including photos about Our Fabric Stash, a consignment store for sewers with fabric and craft materials.  The owners names are Deborah and Gary.  I discovered the shop pre-COVID and when I saw this article headed there for a visit last week.  The store is on one of the lower levels of Pike Place Market, below where many of the flower booths are in the row near the seafood booth with “temporarily paused flying fish.”   The article highlights the store’s motto of “Recycle, Repurpose, Reuse, Replenish”.  It has a range of remnants (an array of fabrics including fleece), a nice selection of bolts of cotton, some upholstery fabric, a range of single or small number of skeins of yarn, ribbons, vintage and other paper patterns, and books.  Near the windows inside are small plastic bags filled an assortment of buttons produced by a now defunct Czechoslovakian factory.  There’s a small table at the door with fat quarters.  I was thrilled to find about 3 yards of purple fabric to help make a poodle skirt for a Halloween costume party.  It was nice to chat with Gary who shared the article has brought a consistent number of new visitors and shoppers to the store.  Their website is https://ourfabricstash.com/, the street address is 1501 Pike Place Market # 326, they can be followed on Facebook and Instagram, and the website shares they have daily hours, 11am to 5pm.  I hope this info has been informative.  I’m really wanting to wear the poodle skirt for an upcoming Halloween party and will post a photo in the Member Makes section.

Thanks for sharing.  I, too, saw the article in Threads.  Had no idea the shop existed.  Next time I go to the market I will check it out.

stina@kempf.com
      Participant

I haven’t been there in a while but I’ve gotten some great fabrics there!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.