Got a new iron for Xmas, still remembering last Sept’s Quilting Mayhem retreat

Home Forums Members Chat Got a new iron for Xmas, still remembering last Sept’s Quilting Mayhem retreat

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bpgourmet@yahoo.com
      Participant

Am still thinking back to the wonderful two-day retreat at Quilting Mayhem last September and meeting several other sewers for the first time.

That meeting space was huge and it had so many tables to spread out on.  When first using an iron on one of the many ironing boards around the room, I had a levitating experience: What was this iron?  It’s nothing like the one at home, has way more features.  It glides across the fabric and look at all those steam vents!  I kept going up to use them often.

Read reviews on irons in October and added a Rowenta brand iron to my holiday wish list.  With the holidays over and almost all decorations packed away, am ready to get to some sewing projects and (squeal!) using my new iron.  This is a pretty traditional household so the sturdy Black and Decker with its seventeen steam holes will still have a place next to the Rowenta one with (squeal!) 350 steam holes. One of the first projects will be to finish the orange top started at the QM retreat.

webmaster
      Keymaster

Marion,

Sounds like Santa came through for you.  Made me look at my Rowenta, vintage 2000.  It was made in Germany (they aren’t any more) and is used constantly.  Now I’ve probably jinxed it.  I know I need to get a new iron in the near future so I am going to check out your Rowenta.  What is the model number?  Love the pointed tip as it is great for getting into small corners.

webmaster
      Keymaster

Marion,

I forgot that I wrote this under webmaster…..

Thanks,

Cathy Katte

bpgourmet@yahoo.com
        Participant

Hi there.  I needed to be home and to look at the iron and its instructions booklet.  If one googled “Rowenta DW2459 Access Steam Iron with Retractable Cord and Stainless Steel Soleplate, Black,”  that’s the one I am just starting to use.  So far, I’m impressed.

But like so many products, some websites or (online) ordering sites only carry so many products from one brand.  It was hard for me to easily find where that one was currently available.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.