How was SewExpo? Share here!

Home Forums Members Chat How was SewExpo? Share here!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      bpgourmet@yahoo.com
      Participant

Please add to this post if you’re attending SewExpo!

It’s great to have in-person events happening again for crafting and lots of other events.  Here’s a start of a chat about SewExpo 2023, happening in Puyallup from March 2-5.  The website officially calls it Sewing & Stitchery Expo – https://sewexpo.com

I’m a returned-to-sewing-person in 2020 and did do some virtual Expo classes in 2021 and 2022.  Decided to attend one day this year and was there on Thursday. My first sewing or quilting festival with vendors, so I absorbed a lot just walking through the two vendor booth areas.  Am not a quilter but looked at several vendor booths with quilting fabrics and was inspired by some of the prints and color blending.

First class was “Knit Fabrics for Beginners: Sew an Infiniti Scarf” with Amanda Cardiff of Amanda’s Bundles.  Class suuplies fee included a freat swatch compilation, she expertly described about 20 different knit fabrics, incl about their fibers and most practical uses for sewing.  There was no mention in the class description we would be sewing the infiniti scarf on a serger (!) but we were, and this was my first time!  Adding a photo below of my scarf!

My other class was “Beautiful on the Inside” with Erin Retelle of SewBoise.  The kit for the class had several different fabric samples, the PowerPoint display provided all the needed steps, and I worked on many finishing inside seams new to me.

Wish I had brought a salad with me for lunch, food vendors had high prices for coffee and food offerings.

Again, hope others add posts here!

I had a great time returning to Puyallup and in-person sew Expo.  Was good to see Billie and her daughters along with their beautiful fabrics. I brought home a few!

I took Pamela Leggett jeans and sweatshirt classes and learned a few new tricks in both. She is a good instructor and always a joy to learn from. I came home with motivation to rearrange my sewing space and make a new pair of jeans.

bpgourmet@yahoo.com
      Participant

Molly, have fun making the jeans!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.