Link to Topic Guide @ Sewing and related materials at Seattle Public Library

Home Forums Members Chat Link to Topic Guide @ Sewing and related materials at Seattle Public Library

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      bpgourmet@yahoo.com
      Participant

I gave a talk at the Sept 10th North Seattle NG meeting about sewing and related library resources in the collections at Seattle Public Library (SPL)  and also described library magazine holdings and online resources at both SPL and KCLS.

Here is a link to a Topic Guide about nonfiction, digital, and magazines titles at SPL.  There are also lists for children’s and teen materials too.  Also is a link to WorldCat, where one can search thousands of library collections world-wide.

There was also a PowerPoint slideshow where several of these resources were described, as well as what is at KCLS.  This includes that residents of Seattle and cities/towns in the rest of King County can get reciprocal cards.  Also, with Sno-Isle Libraries too.  Also provided was a list of Useful Internet Resources for Sewing Resources.  Both were sent to those attending the Zoom meeting.  Way cool that a few attendees at the Quilting Mayhem retreat were attending!

Please email me at bpgourmet@yahoo.com if you’d like to receive a copy of the PowerPoint and the Internet Resources list — glad to share.

Maris has asked if I can come and talk with the Bellevue NG and that’s getting planned for Tue Jan 10.

Disclosure — I am super lucky to work at the Central Library of SPL but this talk is not representing the Library, I’m just so keen that ASG members and others are aware there’s an array of sewing books, magazines, and other resources at our local library systems.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.