List of area Fairs for entering Sewing, Quilting, Needlepoint, and other entries

Home Forums Members Chat List of area Fairs for entering Sewing, Quilting, Needlepoint, and other entries

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      bpgourmet@yahoo.com
      Participant

Here is some info on fairs this summer in the greater King County, Snohomish, Whatcom and Skagit counties.  In addition to seeing live animals, enjoying fair food, and shopping, there are also wonderful Exhibits and this includes in Sewing, Quilting, Dyeing, and other related categories.  Consider looking over the info on how to submit exhibits –– often judges provide really helpful feedback.  One will find info on days/times to drop off entries and then picking them up after the fair.

Also, most fairs need lots of volunteers.  You can volunteer to demonstrate in the sewing area and often one gets a free admission ticket and/or parking ticket.  Look for that information in the Sewing related links below.  I’ll post this info on the ASG Seattle Facebook page too.

King County Fair
      Enumclaw Event Center, Enumclaw
      July 13-16
      Open Class Still Life: Home Arts – Sewing is Department 302
      there are other related departments, i.e. quilts, holiday decorations, dyeing

Skagit County Fair
      Skagit County Fairgrounds, Mount Vernon
      August 9-12
      Open Class Sewing
      there are other related classes, i.e. quilts, hobbies and crafts, needlework

Northwest Washington Fair
      NW Fairgrounds and Event Center, Lynden
      August 10-19
      Open Class Sewing
      there are other related categories, i.e. needlework and quilts, hobbies and crafts

Evergreen State Fair
      Evergreen State Fair Park, Monroe
      August 24-29 and August 31-September 4
      Open Class: Sewing
      there are other related categories, i.e. Needle Arts

Washington State Fair
      Puyallup Fairgrounds, Puyallup
      September 1-24, 2023
      Home Arts – Textiles:  Sewing is Division 100
      there are other related divisions, i.e. creative stitchery, machine embroidery, needlepoint

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.