Quilt Show Challenge

Home Forums Makers Make Quilt Show Challenge

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      webmaster
      Keymaster

“Bier de Beers” quilt depicting famous items from Belgium.

Now I REALLY want to travel again.  Belgium is stop number two in our ski tours–we spend the first night in Europe in Brussels.  I love the buttons on this.  And how did you get the bottlecaps to stay put?

I’m proud to say that all the bottlecaps were from bottles of Belgium bier that I sampled on my trip.  My husband drilled holes on the vertical side of each bottlecap and then I sewed them onto the fabric.  No buttons on this.   Belgium is known for diamonds, bier, and lace.  The “diamonds” are glass beads with a small hole in each.  These too, were sewn on and the bowl of diamonds was encased in fine netting.   The real lace on each glass of bier is a play on words.  The pattern of foam that appears on your glass after pouring the bier is referred to as “lace”.  A bit of poetic license.  The labels I copied from the originals onto vellum and placed them onto the appropriate bier bottle.   And, the bier glasses shown are the correct shape for each of the respective biers.  Proost!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.