Saying Hi for the first time!

Home Forums Members Chat Saying Hi for the first time!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Shanna Zak
      Participant

Hi!  I’m Shanna!  I live in South Seattle.  I started sewing earlier this year when a Seattle ASG member gifted me a sewing machine and serger before moving across the country :'(  I’ve been learning from videos on the internet and have made 2 shirts and 2 dresses (well 1 dress and a toile, but it’s a wearable toile!)  as well as some smaller craft projects like storage baskets and zippy pouches.  I definitely got super obsessed with sewing after starting, lol.

I’m currently working on a dress that I’ll wear on my honeymoon in September (we got married in June.)  Can’t wait to meet more people in person!

Also, if you have recommendations for weekend sewing classes in Seattle, I have so many questions that I think it’s time to ask a professional, lol.

webmaster
      Keymaster

Welcome, Shana.  Love to see some of the items you have made.  Post them on this site for all to see.

Sounds like you have caught the sewing bug!  We do have sewing retreats coming up in September, they are not classes, but we have lots of members that enjoy helping their sewing buddies.  We also have a sewing on Leather and Pleather class coming up.  Announcements for these will be in upcoming Newsletters and Email, as well as, on our website.

bpgourmet@yahoo.com
      Participant

Shanna, hi and welcome!  Glad you got the sewing bug.  I returned to sewing in early summer 2020 to make masks and have branched out to home accessories and simple tops.  Have checked out a lot of sewing books from the public library.  A cool thing about this group or chapter is there are neighborhood groups both during the week (different days, some nights & some during the day) and on weekends.  Hope to meet you and others at some upcoming events.  Have a fun time in September – congratulations!

Hi Shanna,  Welcome!  There is a sewing lab class on Saturday mornings at Lake Washington Institute of Technology.  Fall quarter starts the last week in September, the classes are 3 hours long for 10 weeks.  There are lots of Bernina and Pfaff sewing machines, sergers, other machines and large cutting tables.  Students work on their own projects and have expert help with technique, fitting and more from the teacher, Jacque Goldsmith.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.